Shotgun shells:Must be 7 1/2, 8 or 9 shot size target loads only no exception. Shotgun shells, shooting apparel, ear and eye protection and rental guns are always available in our pro shop along with much more.
Shooter safety is always number one at Prado Olympic Shooting Park, so we will review this first:
- Treat all firearms as if they were loaded at all times.
- Keep the barrel / muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all time. Do not point at anything you do not intend to destroy.
- Keep your finger out of the trigger guard and off the trigger until the gun is mounted, pointed in a safe direction and ready to shoot.
- Guns must be unloaded and action must be opened at all times. This includes from car to field and from station to station. The only exception is when in a station to shoot your clay target.
- Only one shell can be loaded at a time for trap singles, no exception.
- Shooting is only allowed from shooting stations one thru five and nowhere else on the trap field. If you are not sure please ask one of our friendly staff members.
- Ear and eye protection is required for all shooters under the age of eighteen and highly recommended for all others.
As a brief overview on etiquette, you will go out to any of our fields and set your gun(s) in the rack located behind the field. This lets the shooters ahead of you know that you and your party are waiting to shoot on that field. Once on the field, place the same number of tokens in the box to the number of shooters in your party. For example, four shooters equals four tokens. In turn, you will do the same. If there is another group waiting when you are finished with your round, please come off the field and let them shoot. If no one is waiting, you are welcome to keep shooting on that field.
There are five stations in the game of trap. Each shooter will start on their own station starting at the left side of the field. For example, if there are three shooters, the first three stations from the left will have one person on each. Each shooter will then take turns shooting one target at a time until each has shot five. From there, each shooter will move to the station to their right and shoot five more and so on. If you have not completed your full round by station five, you will go back to station one and work your way to the right until you finish. You will shoot five targets from each of the five stations for a total of twenty five targets.